Thursday, December 18, 2014

REVIEW - Snare (Delirious #1) by Clarissa Wild

Title: Snare (Delirious #1)
Author: Clarissa Wild
Release Date: 25 November 2014
Series or Standalone: Series
Genre: Dark/Erotica

SYNOPSIS:
** Author's note: This is a dark romance that will mess with your heart and mind. **

His secrets will destroy her.

Taken.
Humiliated.
Used.


With his smart mouth, dirty talking, and possessive behavior, Sebastian Brand has me hooked in the most shameless way. I’m obsessed with him. However, now that I’ve escaped the mental hospital, he seeks to control my every move.


The overwhelming aloofness in his attitude and the darkness in his mind tells me there is more to this man than sheer dominance. Depravity is his playground and pain is a necessary evil.
Keeping me away was his first instinct.

Capturing me was his second.

Claimed by a man with the exterior of an angel and the mind of a brute, I will do anything to unveil his secrets and face my own demons.
A body in exchange for freedom. A heart in exchange for truth.
Life is never a given. Only a certain death.

This is Volume 1 in the Delirious Series, which contains 3 volumes and a prequel. This book is a full-length novel. These books should be read in order.
WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, strong language, drugs and alcohol, dubious consent, and graphic violence. Contains a cliffhanger.



RATING:
I will say this now: this book will pull you in many different directions until you feel like you don't know which way to go. Even as a mostly sane person, I found it hard to recognize what's real and what was perceived as reality (in the book. I'm pretty sure I can recognize real vs. fantasy in everyday life).

This picks up just where Seek left off with that crazy (no pun intended) cliffhanger, only Sebastian has taken on a different role when it comes to Lillith. He wasn't prepared for how determined Lillith is in her quest to get him to admit that he knows who she is.

There are many, many faces of Sebastian that change quicker than you change socks. We get to know him and learn a little bit about his background, and those glimpses are far and few between. His treatment of Lillith swings between opposite ends of the spectrum; there are a couple of instances where he actually treats Lillith carefully, almost tenderly. But almost as quick as you blink, he's morphed into the stuff of nightmares and, takes command of her body in ways she can't even begin to comprehend. There is a reason why he's doing what he's doing when it comes to how he's treating Lillith (although I'm sure Dr. Phil would disapprove of Sebastian's methods), but eventually she remembers everything that happened that led up to her being institutionalized. And it's a f*#ked up story.

I cannot wait to read the next part to this series, this is one of the better series I've read in a long while.
RATING

No comments:

Post a Comment