Sunday, February 1, 2015

ARC REVIEW - Becoming Us (The London Lover Series) by Amy Daws

Title: Becoming Us
Author: Amy Daws
Publisher: Stars Hollow Publishing
Release Date: 13 January 2015
Series or Standalone: Series
Genre: New Adult Romance

SYNOPSIS:
The dreaded friend-zone... 
The last place I ever want to be with college basketball God, Jake LaShae. 
I am losing my mind trying to figure out what this gorgeous and confident man wants from me. I need to break through his walls. What is it about me that makes him not go there? What am I lacking? 
When a mind-blowing betrayal knocks the wind out of me, and I think I can't feel any lower...Brody stumbles into my path—barefoot no less, and sexy as hell. His direct and mouth-watering swagger is a breath of fresh air. The feelings this man gives me are like nothing I've ever experienced. 
But Brody has a past. 
A past that makes it nearly impossible for him to trust me and let us become us in whatever capacity that may be. 
Just when Brody and I truly connect, just when I think that finding my soul-mate in college isn't a total joke, Jake comes back into my life…and messes things up…possibly for good.


REVIEW:
Even though this is the second book in the series, I suggest you read this before reading A Broken Us, as this book gives you the early history of Fin, Jake and Brody.

I will say that I am not a fan of Jake's; his behavior towards and treatment of Fin leaves much to be desired. And although she's eventually heartbroken over his actions, it's actually a good thing because once she meets Brody, she discovers what it's like to be in a relationship that's loving on both sides and drama-free. 

Or is it?

While there is some angst in this story, it's not overly done (at least in my opinion). There were a few times throughout the book where I sometimes got the urge to want to shake the characters, but hey, I vaguely remember being at that age where you're almost an adult and ready to make in the world on your own, while at the same time wanting to hold on to those moments in your life where you don't have as much responsibilities.

The character development is really good, with Fin and Brody being nice, but not to the point where it becomes all sugary sweet to the point you want to throat punch them; and Jake is just douchey enough that you might get the urge to slap him, but don't most romance stories have that one character that just grates your nerves?

This story may have a HEA, but then again it may not. You'll just have to read it for yourself :)

RATING

ARC provided in exchange for honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Thank you for posting this! Adding it to my Goodreads now! (:

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete