Tuesday, March 17, 2015

ARC REVIEW - Unblocked (Timber Towers #1) by Marni Mann



Unblocked, Episode One Blurb:

Derek Block seeks revenge. 
Frankie Jordan seeks professional dominance. 

He wants her, she wants him. Lines that can’t cross begin to blur. Things start heating up as real estate gets real… 

This is episode one of the five-episode novella series Timber Towers.

Unblocked, Episode One Buy Links: Amazon | B&N | iTunes

Excerpt:
“Why don’t you come in?”
I was startled again by the sound of him, of his deep, alluring tone. I didn’t realize I was still hovering in the doorway. Closing most of the gap between us, I moved to one of the chairs.
I hooked my bag onto the back of it, his fingers slicing through the air as they reached for mine.
“Call me Derek.” He enclosed my hand with a pressing strength that I assumed was lightened for my benefit.
Though his stare remained on my face, I wasn’t able to keep mine on his. I needed a break, a second to get myself under control.
Control…
I had obviously lost that, though I didn’t understand why. Polished men were all I knew, all I had ever been attracted to: groomed and well-dressed, pretty and sharp, even cocky and somewhat selfish. They were certainly never burly or animalistic like Derek. So why was he having this kind of physical effect on me?

Marni’s Social Media Links: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Unblocked, Episode Two, releasing April 7th, is now available on pre-order: Amazon


From reading the blurb, I went into this book thinking that Derek Block was seeking revenge against Frankie, which could have made for a really juicy story. That's not what happens, but this story is still juicy nonetheless.

Without giving away much of this first part of the series, Frankie Jordan is Boston's top selling real estate agent and her firm is angling to be the one who snags the exclusive contract for Derek Block's newest real estate venture. You know there's chemistry between Frankie and Derek from the moment they meet, although they do their best to keep things professional. Both Frankie and Derek have their past issues, Derek is seeking revenge and Frankie's issues stem from her ex-boyfriend. But that's all we learn in this first installment. Although sexy time does happen between Frankie and Derek, until they are interrupted, and that interruption seems to put things into perspective for Frankie, but the battle is about to heat up between those two.
ARC provided in exchange for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment