Monday, July 6, 2015

REVIEW - Deliverance for Amelia by Bonny Capps


Title: DELIVERANCE FOR AMELIA
Author: Bonny Capps
Genre: Dark Erotica
Published: 5 June 2015

What would you do if the devil held you captive? Would you fight, or play along with his wicked games?

WARNING: THIS IS A DARK NOVEL. IT IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. THERE ARE SCENES WITH EXTREME HORROR AND BRUTAL TREATMENT AS WELL AS ABUSE. THIS BOOK IS INTENDED FOR THOSE 18 YEARS OR OLDER DUE TO ITS GRAPHIC NATURE. THERE ARE SCENES WHICH INCLUDE CONSENSUAL AND NON-CONSENSUAL SEX. IF YOU HAVE TRIGGERS, IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED THAT YOU READ THIS NOVEL. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

 Amelia:

My entire life I've lived in my father's shadow. As the Mayor's daughter, I'm expected to maintain a pristine reputation. Everything must be perfect. My days of tutors and piano lessons may be behind me, but the need to be my father's perfect daughter still rings true.

However, I'm in college now - so why not have a little fun? It started out that way, anyway. When I decided to go to a party with my new friend Meg, I thought my college days were just beginning. My boring little life was finally getting the shakeup that it desperately needed. Little did I know, I would become the captive of the devil himself.

He says that I'm his. He calls himself my master.

Gabe:

Well, well - Mr. Mayor couldn't pay up. I can't say that I'm surprised. The greedy bastard is more concerned about pocketing all that money masked as charity rather than paying his debts.y

I'm not a debt that you want to forget. I did, after all, kill that poor journalist that was putting his nose where it didn't belong. Not saying that I minded - no, not one bit. It's a high. Watching them writhe in pain, their bodies seizing up as every last drop of hope is drained from their wide eyes. I live for it - the thrill of killing. Not to mention it keeps my wallet nice and plump. My clients know when they say they'll pay - they better pay. Otherwise, I take what I want from them. In most cases, the result is their own blood on my hands. Not this time though. 

This time I wanted her, and I always get what I want.

This is a full-length standalone novel.



First things first: please, PLEASE take heed to the warning about how this is a dark novel. Although I'm not entirely sure that dark even begins to cover this story. I've read a few dark novels over the last couple of years, so in my limited dark story experience, Gabe is probably one of the two darkest male characters I've read about. Please don't get it twisted: Gabe is NOT a hero.

I repeat: Gabe is NOT a hero.

There is not one redeeming aspect, quality or bone in Gabe. He is what he is and he revels in that fact. And if you tangle with him, be prepared to pay, either in a monetary way, or with your life. Or the life of one of your loved ones. Which is how Amelia found herself in Gabe's clutches.

I have to applaud Amelia, there were times when she frustrated the everlovin' hell out of me, but the mere fact that she was able to withstand all that happened to her? Well, that just shows she has an inner strength that should be viewed upon with awe. 

This is told from three POVs, but it works for this book. I can think of one other series I've read where the story works when it's told from three different sides. I'm sure you might be wondering who the third person in the story is right? 

Ha! Like I'd give that tidbit away.

Just when you finished wondering if this book could get any darker, you might find yourself surprised to discover that yes, yes it can and it does indeed get darker. So dark it might rival the black hole in our solar system.
Book provided in exchange for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment