Monday, November 20, 2017

RELEASE TOUR & REVIEW - Savage: The Awakening of Lizzie Danton by L.A. Fiore


Title - Savage: The Awakening of Lizzie Danton
Author - L.A. Fiore
Genre - Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense
Release Date - November 17, 2017






They call him a monster.
Pale blue eyes as cold as ice that see right through you.
He’s hard.
He’s damaged.
He’s dangerous.
He lives in a castle fit for a fairy tale, but he’s no prince.
He’s savage.
He’s brutal.
He’s a killer.
By an act of fate, our worlds collide.
They call him a monster, but he is my salvation.


I gotta be honest: it doesn't take much for me to get pulled into a L.A. Fiore book, but this book right here? I was so engrossed in it I burned a batch of cookies I was baking.

I could literally live off of cookies for the rest of my days and be happy.

So the fact that I burned a batch proves how awesome I found this story to be.

I found it easy to find both Brochan and Lizzie so damn likable! Goodness knows, neither Brochan nor Lizzie had the childhood of dreams. More like the childhood of nightmares, to the nth degree. Each suffered a type of abuse, and I found it interesting in the paths they followed through to adulthood in response to what they survived as children; both are successful in their chosen professions, even if one's career isn't exactly above board. But Lizzie understands the difference between Brochan being labeled "bad" versus his career being "bad", and she doesn't judge him on it.

There are a few secondary characters that each bring something to story, some positive and some negative. I was surprised by how an encounter between two characters played out. As engaged I was with this story, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, and when it did? Talk about reverberations! What's done in the dark will always come to light and the secrets that were revealed weren't what I was expecting, and those twists enhanced the story that much more for me.

I loved the epilogue, both what happened shortly after the events at the end of the story, and the glimpse of life 5 years later. Although I just might have to agree with Brochan's thoughts in regards to Aunt Brianna!

 


Savage is a story of fighting your own demons and chasing hope through love. A contemporary romance with a dark fairytale vibe set in the majestic Scotland. I fell in love with the characters and the vividly described scenery. - Elena's Book Blog

Savage was an absolutely breathtaking read. From start to finish, L.A. paints incredibly vivid pictures that make you feel like you're actually in the old castles on the rolling hills of Scotland. It was a masterpiece from beginning to end. - Sophie, Bookalicious Babes

LA Fiore weaved together the perfect romance with Savage. I fell in love with Brochan and Lizzie so completely I never wanted the book to end. - Author Jessica Prince

The author did a brilliant job bringing Scotland alive, everything was told in such graphic detail that if I closed my eyes I was taken on a mystical journey. Definitely a highly recommended one click come release day, this is a journey you will want to go on. – Kitty Kat’s Crazy About Books

Both the main characters were amazing. I ADORED Lizzie. She was smart. She was a fighter. She was feisty. She had a huge heart and accepted everything that was Brochan without censor or hesitation. Brochan was a bit more complicated. He had that sexy, brooding thing down to a science. – Eve, Between the Bookends





L.A. Fiore is the author of several books including Beautifully Damaged, Collecting the Pieces and His Light in the Dark. Her favorite movie is Star Wars, a love her son shares. They hope to build their own Millennium Falcon one day. She would like to meet the Winchester Boys to thank them for enlightening her on the versatility of salt as not just a food enhancer, but as protection from supernatural threats. And she thinks it would be interesting to be a zombie, to get an idea of what life is like as a brain-addicted fiend so she can be their voice to tell their side of the story. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and kids, their two spoiled cats and their awesome dog.



HOSTED BY: 

No comments:

Post a Comment