Wednesday, November 19, 2014

REVIEW - Karma (Karma, #1) by Donna Augustine

Title: Karma
Author: Donna Augustine
Publisher: Strong Hold Publishing
Release Date: 9 July 2014
Series or Standalone: Series
Genre: Paranormal Romance

SYNOPSIS:
People say karma's a...well, you know. Personally, I don't think I'm that bad. It's not like I wanted this job. I wasn't even in my right mind when I accepted the position. 

Now, I'm surrounded by crazy coworkers like Lady Luck, who's a bit of a tramp, and Murphy's Law, who's a bumbling oaf. But the worst is Fate. He's got a problem with transfers like myself, and I have to see him constantly. It's unavoidable. We're hunting the same man—my murderer.


REVIEW:
This story is a mixture of amusing and quirky, with a bit of mystery mixed in. I liked the basic premise of the story, and the side characters definitely had me laughing, but Camilla sometimes got on my nerves. I mean yeah, I'd be pretty discombobulated when having to face a new reality like she did, but honestly, what was her other choice? Oh yeah, being dead! Knowing this is fiction all the way, I've still learned to roll with the punches that life will always throw and bitching about it won't make the situation change. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, even though there were a few times where the writing seemed a bit choppy or stilted, but that wasn't enough to make me not want to finish the book, and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

RATING


Book provided in exchange for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment